The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) on May 1.
The candidates can check the detailed schedule below:
- The last date to apply for AIPMT 2016 without late fee is January 8
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee by credit card/debit card is January 12
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee only by e-challan is January 12
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee, with late fee, by credit card/debit card is February 10
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee, with late fee, only by e-challan is February 10
- Download of admit cards: April 1
- Date of AIPMT: May 1
- Display of OMR sheet: Between May 19 to May 23 (For any three days)
- Display of answer key: May 24 to May 26
- Declaration of results: June 5 (tentative)
This post is in reply to the following question received from a blog reader from US for doing MBBS/BDS from India under NRI quota. I m in 12th frm Baltimore-US and am thinking abt MBBS/BDS from India to save time and $$. I know only abt Manipal n wld b grateful if u cld name few other gud coll and procedure to get adm.
First I would list down top 10 private medical colleges in India for MBBS/BDS admissions under NRIs/ foreigners quota and then all about admission/ application procedure, fees, cultural issues, course approval and alternative options in Nepal/Ukraine and China.
Top Private Medical Colleges in India for NRI/International Quota
1) Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal and Mangalore Campus, http://www.manipal.edu/Pages/Welcome.aspx
Top ranked private medical colleges, 5th rank overall. Established in 1956 as first private medical college. Most expensive, top rankers choose manipal followed up by mangalore. The college receives about 750 applications and accepts about 70. The institute has recently started twinning program and its degree has approval of many US states. Check out 2010- 11 prospectus and fee structure (US$150,000 for entire course) for KMC at the NRI Quota page of this website.
2) SRMC (Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute)-Chennai
This deemed University has membership in Association of Indian Universities and is a Harvard Medical International Associated Institution. http://srmc.edu/
3) M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
This is one among the top private medical colleges in Bangalore, and too of Karnataka. http://www.msrmc.ac.in/
4) KIMS (Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science), Bangalore,
Christian Medical College Ludhiana
5) At this slot I would put 3 Bangalore colleges that are also popular amongst NRIs
St.Johns Medical College:http://www.stjohns.in/
Father Muller Medical College:http://www.fathermuller.com
JSS College- Mysore http://www.jssmedicalcollege.in/
Though above colleges are most preferred by NRIs, the below colleges also rank in top 10 private medical colleges
6) Dr B R Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore, http://www.bramc.org/
7) Amrita Institute of Medical Science (AIMS), Kochi Ernakulam: http://www.aimshospital.org/
‘8) At this slot I would put 5 Mumbai MBBS colleges that are hugely popular
KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre:http://www.somaiya.edu/Medical.htm
Dr. D Y Patil Medical College- Navi Mumbai and Kolhapur, MH: http://www.dypatil.in/
http://dypatil.in/grouplinkdetails.asp?groupid=60 ($30K per year)
Terna Medical College:http://www.terna.org
Bharati Vidyapeeth: Pune, New Mumbai, http://www.bharatividyapeeth.edu/
Mahatma Gandhi Missions (MGM) Medical College. Navi Mumbai, www.mgmuhs.com/
9)Other MBBS Options in Maharashtra
Maharshtra Institute of Medical education and Research, Medical college Pune, http://www.mitmimer.com/
Pravara Institute Of Medical Sciences.—> Ahmed Nagar, MH, pravara-medical-collge-ahmed-nagar-nri-form
10) One may consider following colleges if wish to do MBBS from north india
DMC (Dayanand Medical College)- Ludhiana, http://www.dmch.edu
Sharda Hospital, Greater Noida- http://www.sharda.ac.in/courses/mbbs-bds.html
Subharti Medical College, Meerut- http://www.subharti.org/admission.aspx
Mahatma Ghandhi College and Hospital, Jaipur- http://www.mgmch.org/college.htm
Admission Process: Foreign citizens, PIO card holders, OCI (Dual Citizens), NRI students and NRI sponsored students can apply under the Foreign/NRI category. 15% of the seats in private medical colleges in India are reserved for this category.
There is no transparent admission process except in KMC (Manipal/Mangalore) and SRMC Chennai. You shortlist few medical colleges, visit India, start talks with the admissions staff directly. If one cant visit the college personally, hire a broker (may charge Rs. 50k to 2 lacss without you knowing about it) as college admission staff hardly talks on phone. Since most of these colleges milk NRIs, they charge higher than set fees by the states by way of donation fee in cash without receipt. Therefore, even to initiate talks with admission staff, be ready to butter the palm of junior staff. A donation amount will be set. When the deal is done, proceed to pay the amount and you get a seat in the college. This is why its important to make a deal early (preferably in May/June than late July when rates are higher by about 5 lacs). Except Manipal and KIMS, most others like to take the entire course fee in advance.
Categories: Private Medical Colleges Tags: AIPMT, BDS, colleges, COMEDK, dayanand, donation, education, International Quota, jss college mysore, KIMS Bangalore, KMC Manipal, M.S. Ramaiah Bangalore, manipal, MBBS, mbbs fee, mumbai, nri, NRI QUOTA, Private Medical Colleges, pune, srmc chennai, top private medical colleges in india