DASA Scheme for year 2017-2018 admissions shall be administered by VNIT-Nagpur. While the applicants await further details of the scheme from the concerned authorities, this website is always available to the applicants with all the information on this scheme at below link.
|DASA 2017- 18 Time Line|
|Submission of online application||April 01 to June 12, 2017|
|Last date for receipt of SAT Subject Test Score||June 12, 2017|
|First round of Seat Allotment||June 19, 2017|
|Second Round of Seat Allotment||June 24, 2017|
|Third Round of Seat Allotment||June 30, 2017|
|Fourth Round of Seat Allotment||July 14, 2017|
|Reporting to allotted Institutes by candidates||July 18 to July 24, 2017|
I would be glad to assist you with any of your query if the same has not been answered in the FAQ. If you like this free blog, please do not forget to click one of the advertisements that helps to run this blog.
17 July 2016
DASA 2016 SAT2 Cutoff for 4th Round have been declared by DASANIT. Below link has DASA 4th Round SAT2 Cut-off Scores:
|DASA Scheme 2016: 4th Round SAT 2 Cut-Off for Normal and CIWG seats|
|NIT- W (Warangal)||2390||2400||2230||2350||2240||2380||1980||2210|
|Note: Above is a List of Top 22 Institutes Under DASA Scheme|
DASA 2016 SAT2 Cutoff for 2nd Round have been declared by DASANIT. Following are my general observations this year:
1) CIWG seats have not seen much change from Round 1
2) Normal seats cut-off also has seen stiff resistance to move down. For some reasons, few Normal seat cut-off have seen upward movement. Below link has DASA 2nd Round SAT2 Cut-off Scores:
Note: For official Cut-off scores for Round 2, please refer to DASANIT website (this website takes no responsibility for accuracy of the data).
DASA 2016 SAT2 Cutoff for Round 1 have been declared by DASANIT. Following are my general observations this year:
1) CIWG seats have seen very high cut-offs. This shows that the Gulf students not only constitute more than 1/3 of overall students but also score more compared to general DASA pool.
2) DASA students have got unusually high SAT2 scores this year (that too without May score coming into play). CIWG seats were expected to finish at 2400 in top colleges, however, NITW- CSE Normal seats also going at 2400 leads me to think that >90 students got score of 2400 (last year the cut-off at NITW-CSE was 2340). Same goes for ECE/Mech/IT seats where the cut-offs are more than last year even for Normal seats.
3) Many lower ranks colleges could only get application for CIWG seats- very smart move by CIWG candidates with low SAT scores. Please check at below link that EEE seats have only got interest from CIWG candidates:
Can I get an Upgrade Seat in Round 2?
I am receiving a lot of queries asking if I can get an upgrade seat. On this I could only provide general guidance based on last years' experience (last year the cut-off really didn't drop by even 10 points in top7-8 colleges). In case someone has better idea on this, I would publish that here:
Round 1 Cut-off -> Expected SAT2 Score Drop in cutoff
>2350 -> 0-10
2300-2350 -> 0-20
2200-2290 -> 0-30
2000-2190 -> 0-40
<2000 -> 0-60
As far as Internal Sliding is concerned, no one can predict that- so my request is not to rely on that stroke of luck as one of your main option. As earlier noted, I would be deleting all queries relating to internal sliding as it is not worth deliberating/ arriving at probabilities etc. Continue reading