Ranking of NITs Revealed: Ranking of NITs by JEE-Main Candidates
All NITs/IIITs are listed in the order of preference based on JEE-Main 2016 cut-offs ranking. This ranking of engineering colleges (admission thru JEE-Main) is pretty reliable (certainly better than ranking by private publishers since they show preference by real JEE-Main toppers).
|JEE Main 2016: Cut-off Rank (6th List- Open Cat )|
|2||NIT- W (Warangal)||1318||2846||4539|
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) on May 1.
The candidates can check the detailed schedule below:
- The last date to apply for AIPMT 2016 without late fee is January 8
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee by credit card/debit card is January 12
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee only by e-challan is January 12
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee, with late fee, by credit card/debit card is February 10
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee, with late fee, only by e-challan is February 10
- Download of admit cards: April 1
- Date of AIPMT: May 1
- Display of OMR sheet: Between May 19 to May 23 (For any three days)
- Display of answer key: May 24 to May 26
- Declaration of results: June 5 (tentative)
Panel suggests single IIT, NIT entrance exam, aptitude test
HRD Ministry maintains there will be no change in JEE format for 2016
By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published:November 8, 2015 2:35 am
Three years after the UPA 2 government made sweeping changes to the admission process at top engineering institutes of the country, an expert panel appointed by its successor government has recommended another set of changes, including a single entrance examination for both IITs and NITs, no weightage to school board marks, and a compulsory aptitude test.
The committee, headed by academic Ashok Mishra, has suggested that JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) should be merged into a single entrance exam, conducted by the IITs and intended to test a candidate’s knowledge of physics, chemistry and mathematics. Currently, JEE (Main), meant for admission to the NITs, is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and JEE (Advanced) by the IITs.
By SiliconIndia | Thursday, 04 September 2014,
BANGALORE: India has the youngest population than any other part of the world. Apart from this, India is rated as the country with more number of engineers in the making. Budding students aspire to become top-class engineers making themselves and their families proud. In India, being an engineer is a matter of respect.
Every year lakhs of students sit for various engineering entrance examinations, with hopes of qualifying. Other than the Joint Entrance Examination for IITs, there are various other top competitive engineering examinations in India. Listed below are the national level undergraduate exams worth considering, as compiled by Rediff.
The Joint Entrance Examination, also known as JEE is the first choice of lakhs of aspiring engineering students.
Main exam is the first step towards gaining eligibility to admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs, IIITM and IIITDM and other Central Government/State Government funded institutions. Ranks of this exam are accepted by all colleges and universities in the country.
To take up this exam, candidates must pass the final class XII or its equivalent degree and they are not allowed to take the JEE Main exam more than three times.
JEE Main & JEE Advance 2015: Pattern, Eligibility & Dates
JEE Main 2015 Paper I will be held in both online and offline modes. While filling the application form, you need to mark the mode in which you wish to appear for the exam. For JEE Main 2015 Paper Pattern, read below.
• Total Exam Duration – 3 hours
• Paper 1 Sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
• Paper 2 Sections –Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Drawing and Aptitude Test
• Total Questions – 90
• Maximum Marks – 360
• Marks for correct answer – (+4)
• Marks for negative answer – (-1)
JEE Main 2015 Papers :
B.E/B.Tech Paper – 1: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
B.Arch/B.Planning Paper – 2 : Part 1 – Mathematics; Part 2 – Aptitude Test; Part 3 – Drawing Test 3 hours Offline
JEE Main 2015 Duration of Exam& JEE Main 2015 Exam Mode”
3 hours Both online & offline
JEE Main 2015 Application Process
JEE Main 2015 aspirants have to apply online only through the official portal of JEE Main 2015.
• Fill up the JEE Main 2015 Application Form correctly.
• Upload scanned JPEG files of photo, signature and left thumb impression.
• Make JEE Main 2015 fee payment using debit card, credit card of bank challan.
• After successful registration, download the acknowledgment receipt and take the print.
• Keep safe the receipt. Do not send the hardcopy to the JEE Main office.