The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) on May 1.
The candidates can check the detailed schedule below:
- The last date to apply for AIPMT 2016 without late fee is January 8
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee by credit card/debit card is January 12
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee only by e-challan is January 12
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee, with late fee, by credit card/debit card is February 10
- The last date for successful final transaction of fee, with late fee, only by e-challan is February 10
- Download of admit cards: April 1
- Date of AIPMT: May 1
- Display of OMR sheet: Between May 19 to May 23 (For any three days)
- Display of answer key: May 24 to May 26
- Declaration of results: June 5 (tentative)
Panel suggests single IIT, NIT entrance exam, aptitude test
HRD Ministry maintains there will be no change in JEE format for 2016
By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published:November 8, 2015 2:35 am
Three years after the UPA 2 government made sweeping changes to the admission process at top engineering institutes of the country, an expert panel appointed by its successor government has recommended another set of changes, including a single entrance examination for both IITs and NITs, no weightage to school board marks, and a compulsory aptitude test.
The committee, headed by academic Ashok Mishra, has suggested that JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) should be merged into a single entrance exam, conducted by the IITs and intended to test a candidate’s knowledge of physics, chemistry and mathematics. Currently, JEE (Main), meant for admission to the NITs, is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and JEE (Advanced) by the IITs.
“Is IIIT-H better than IITs in computer science?” is the most debated question in discussions whether online and off-line, especially when IIIT-H is in the news for some recognition or its students winning any national/ international coding contest. The answer, however, eludes those seeking for one desperately.
Before we try to compare IIIT-Hyd with other institutes, let’s first note some of the highlights of IIIT-Hyd which is not matched by its competitors in the field:
- Autonomous university set up as a not-for-profit Public Private Partnership (N-PPP) model
- Experienced faculty– Most number of PhD faculty in India in a CSE institute (total of 60+ faculty with PhDs)
- Research oriented academics: Offers research-led curricula even for undergraduate programs. As a result, students get to do a large number of projects and acquire deep research orientation and innovative mindset. If interested in doing MS or PhD in CSE field, best place to be.
- Very Strong Coding Culture: IIIT-Hyd students regularly shine in coding contests. The dominating portion of the most courses are coding assignments + lab tests as well as a few of them being totally based on programming & programming workshops (even for 1st year)
Only institute to have appeared four times in ACM-ICPC World Contest and securing highest ranking by any India institute. Almost every year there is a team from IIIT Hyderabad that qualifies for the ACM ICPC World Finals. Once there were two teams which qualified in a single year! IIIT Hyderabad won ACM ICPC South Asia regionals in consecutive years (Two other IIIT teams ranked 6th and 7th)
- Highly Ranked on Programming sites: There are many high ranked students solving problems on SPOJ and TopCoder programming sites. For many years, IIIT-Hyd was ranked no. 1 globally on SPOJ programming site
- Google Summer of Code. A total of 29 IIIT-Hyd students were selected in 2013 (second highest globally, top in India) to contribute towards open source assignments by Google.
- DataQuest Ranks IIIT-Hyd at 1st for Placement. 100% Placement. Av. salary for CSE: Rs 9.5 LPA. Off-shore: in Excess of $120K. Every year there are some 8-10 people hired by Google and Facebook.
- World class infrastructure
- Tech-Hub/Incubator: Houses India’s biggest Tech start-up Incubator
- Situated in the metro city of Hyderabad in a posh locality amongst IT biggies. Hyderabad is an emerging hub for IT start-ups and home for IT biggies (latest entrant Amazon, Facebook, TCS) because it offers 3 times of Bangalore’s instrstructure at one third cost. Hyderabad already is home for all major IT biggies like TCS, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Accenture, Infosys, IBM, Google, Yahoo, iGate.
- Recommended as a premier research institution in India by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) for US graduate students to take up research fellowships and short-term research programs.
Categories: AIEEE/JEE Entrance, CBSE XII, Dasa Scheme for NRIs, Engineering Colleges Tags: COE, computer, computer engineering, cse, iiit hyderabad, IIIT-H, IIIT-H vs IITs, IIIT-Hyd, IIITH, iiith vs NIT vs BITs, Information Technology, International Institute of Information Technology, it
CBSE ‘open book’ exam from this year
Manash Pratim Gohain, TNN | Apr 12, 2013, 04.48 AM IST
NEW DELHI: Ushering in what could be the biggest change in the country’s school examination system, the Central Board of Secondary Education will introduce an ‘open book’ section in the final exams for classes 9, 10 and 11 from the current academic year and for class 12 boards from next year (2014-15).
For the ‘open book’ section — which doesn’t mean books can be taken inside the exam hall — students will be given case studies in each subject four months in advance. All questions will be from the given material. This section will carry 20% weightage.
Newly Proposed IIT-JEE 2013 Pattern
For IITs/ NITs/ IIITs/ CFTIs (Councils of Central Government-funded Technical Institutions)
Categories: AIEEE/JEE Entrance, CBSE XII, Engineering Colleges, Entrance Exams, Raj Tyagi Tags: IIT JEE 2013, iit jee 2013 exam pattern, iit jee 2013 pattern, iit jee advance, iit jee aptitude test, iit jee exam pattern 2013, iit jee main, iit jee new exam pattern, iit jee proposed pattern, iit jee weightage, iit new exam pattern, iseet 2013, iseet pattern, jee advance, jee main