DASA Scheme 2017 – 18 Details
6 July 2017
DASA has declared Second Round Cut-off. The summarized comparison of 2nd Round against 1st Round is on this link
30 June 2017
DASA have declared the results much before the time this year. We really need to appreciate VNIT Coordinator's efforts in this matter for smooth management of the scheme this year. I would suggest that all those who feel good about it to express their appreciation and feelings, especially on Twitter, tagging HRD ministry, VNIT and the person who was most helpful to you. CIWG applicants may also thank HRD Mininstry (
@HRDMinistry) and @PrakashJavdekar for timely resolution of the fee. You may also like or re-tweet my tweet on this ( handle @rajktyagi or search #DASA).
I am receiving many queries if the cut-off can drop by X point or Y point in 2nd/3rd Round. All such candidates are urged to refer to last year's trend/ cut-off drop at this link.
|DASA Scheme 2017: 1st Round SAT 2 Cut-Off for CIWG and non-CIWG Seats|
|NIT- W (Warangal)||2400||2350||2330||2230||2310||2220||2270||2110|
|Note: Above is a List of Top 23 Institutes Under DASA Scheme|
16 June 2017
DASA Scheme for year 2017 – 2018 has seen more changes per below:
1) CIWG fee has been reduced to Rs125000 per year.
2) New applicants who had not applied by 12 June can now apply until 22 June 2017. New applicants are advised to send the SAT scores to VNIT (Institute code:7035) by the RUSH mechanism only.
Previously, DASA 2017 had relaxed residential requirement to 2 YEARS, i.e. 11 &12th from overseas for NRIs (was 5 years out of 8 years). Moreover, minimum SAT2 score requirement was fixed as 1800.
The below posts have ranking of colleges by branch, choice filling strategies, general information about DASA scheme and relative ranking of NITs/IIITs by JEE-Main candidates..
Note: Considering that DASA result would be out on 30 June, I feel there is no purpose responding to queries relating to "tell if I can get ABC seat with given SAT score". Please do not write such queries as the same will not be published.
17 July 2016
DASA 2016 SAT2 Cutoff for 4th Round have been declared by DASANIT. Below link has DASA 4th Round SAT2 Cut-off Scores:
|DASA Scheme 2016: 4th Round SAT 2 Cut-Off for Normal and CIWG seats|
|NIT- W (Warangal)||2390||2400||2230||2350||2240||2380||1980||2210|
|Note: Above is a List of Top 22 Institutes Under DASA Scheme|
DASA 2016 SAT2 Cutoff for 2nd Round have been declared by DASANIT. Following are my general observations this year:
1) CIWG seats have not seen much change from Round 1
2) Normal seats cut-off also has seen stiff resistance to move down. For some reasons, few Normal seat cut-off have seen upward movement. Below link has DASA 2nd Round SAT2 Cut-off Scores:
Note: For official Cut-off scores for Round 2, please refer to DASANIT website (this website takes no responsibility for accuracy of the data).
DASA 2016 SAT2 Cutoff for Round 1 have been declared by DASANIT. Following are my general observations this year:
1) CIWG seats have seen very high cut-offs. This shows that the Gulf students not only constitute more than 1/3 of overall students but also score more compared to general DASA pool.
2) DASA students have got unusually high SAT2 scores this year (that too without May score coming into play). CIWG seats were expected to finish at 2400 in top colleges, however, NITW- CSE Normal seats also going at 2400 leads me to think that >90 students got score of 2400 (last year the cut-off at NITW-CSE was 2340). Same goes for ECE/Mech/IT seats where the cut-offs are more than last year even for Normal seats.
3) Many lower ranks colleges could only get application for CIWG seats- very smart move by CIWG candidates with low SAT scores. Please check at below link that EEE seats have only got interest from CIWG candidates:
Can I get an Upgrade Seat in Round 2?
I am receiving a lot of queries asking if I can get an upgrade seat. On this I could only provide general guidance based on last years' experience (last year the cut-off really didn't drop by even 10 points in top7-8 colleges). In case someone has better idea on this, I would publish that here:
Round 1 Cut-off -> Expected SAT2 Score Drop in cutoff
>2350 -> 0-10
2300-2350 -> 0-20
2200-2290 -> 0-30
2000-2190 -> 0-40
<2000 -> 0-60
As far as Internal Sliding is concerned, no one can predict that- so my request is not to rely on that stroke of luck as one of your main option. As earlier noted, I would be deleting all queries relating to internal sliding as it is not worth deliberating/ arriving at probabilities etc. 6 June As the result of DASA 2016 draws closer, I take this opportunity to wish You All the Best for Your Future Career. Students please keep in mind that this is just a start of the long road ahead- success of which depends solely on the individual students. My heart pains when I hear real stories of students diverting their focus on 'other stuff' and repeating years in college and wasting hard-earned money of their parents. Success comes only to those who believe in themselves and are prepared to win. Forget about quitting, And think only about winning. Keep running no matter what. Belief and courage is all you need. Go ahead and do it, I bet you‘ll be the winner. Best of luck to you! ——- DASA Scheme 2016-17 application portal is open from 1st April. DASA Scheme 2016-17 updated Brochure and seat matrix are also available. The major change in DASA scheme for 2016-17 is allocation of 1/3 seats for Gulf NRIs (CIWG) and resident Indian fee ($700 per semester) is applicable for these seats. For non-CIWG seats, the applicable fee of $4000 per sem is applicable. I request candidates to read DASA 2016 Brochure and DASA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) at below links prior to asking questions on this blog: DASA 2016 Brochure DASA FAQ DASA 2015 Round-1-to4-Cutoff Note: Please note that the Gulf NRIs have two options in DASA Admission Portal: 1) Apply only for CIWG Seats 2) Apply for both CIWG and Normal seats. Choose the option per your preference. Note:
- SAT2 scores of May are expected to be out by mid-June as per CollegeBoard. As per DASA rules, scores received until 1 June shall be considered for Round 1 to 3. Therefore, scores of May exam can only be considered for Round 4 and Spot.
- The best scores of PCM shall be considered by DASA. Please note that it is not necessary that all 3 subjects are given in a single day. Even if all 3 subject tests tests are given in a single day, if a candidate had best score in Maths in Oct, Phy in Nov and Chemistry in Dec, all the best scores from Oct, Nov & Dec shall be considered together by DASA.
- Expected cut-off of DASA 2016 is given above for top 15 colleges. For rest of the colleges/branch, please take guidance from last years cut-off here.
3 April 2016 Queries Relating to IIIT-Hyd I have received many emails asking for comparison of various NITs with IIIT-Hyd. Kindly note that I cannot reply each query relating to comparison of different NITs with IIITH. In this regard, please note my following personal views:
- Non-CIWG Candidates: IIITH CSE is better than all colleges under DASA scheme. If you have score of 2370 onwards- you can hope to get CSE branch this year.
- I do not suggest any branch other than CSE in IIITH (CLD, ECE etc. etc.). If you have done some research on these 5 year-branches then , please go ahead (I respect your views but please respect my right to have different position in this regard and do not ask repeatedly same question if XYZ NIT is better than IIITH-CLD/XYZ)
- Those students who have scored less than 2300 in SAT and somehow hoping to get into IIIT-Hyd CLD/CND/XYZ); please note: the academic pressure and demand in IIIT-Hyd is very high and students below 2300 score typically would find extremely difficult to survive. This fact is very difficult to explain to parents since as parents we naturally over-estimate the capabilities of our wards.
- CIWG Candidates: If you get into NITK, DTU, NITT, IIITD, NITW, NSIT please save your $$$$ and choose DASANIT over IIITH. Obviously, if you are financially well-off and do not care much about $$$$, you really don't need any advice what to choose- IIITH is a good option. If you can't get into these NITs, you probably cannot get into IIITH- so the comparison is even not required.
My apologies for being straight forward and blunt. Sometimes this is the only way to put the message across. 4 April 2016 Institute Tier-wise Ranking My suggested preferences for CSE, Mech and ECE (each category below for CSE has big gap between them; the college that first appears in the same category is marginally better): CSE 1) IIIT-Hyd 2) DTU=NITK=NITT=NITW=IIIT-D=NSIT (choose anyone depending on convenience) 3) NIT Calicut=MNNIT (choose anyone depending on convenience) 4) MNIT=NIT-Delhi=VNIT=SVNIT=PEC=IIIT-A Mech: 1) DTU 2) NITT=NITK=NITW 3) MNNIT=NITC 4) MNIT=SVNIT=PEC ECE 1) NITK=NITT=NITW=IIIT-Hyd=IIIT-Delhi 2) IIIT-A= VNIT=MNNIT=NITC=DCE=NSIT=NITD 3) MANIT=MNIT=SVNIT Other Branches: Please choose in the order of SAT2 Cut-off score for 2015-16 provided in below tables (higher SAT 2 cut-off being better institute). Generally- NITK=DTU=NITT=NITW NSIT=NITC=MNNIT=NITD MNIT=VNIT=SVNIT=PEC Choice Filling: Normal(Non-CIWG) 1) Apply for 1/3 options (say 1-10th choice out of your total 30 (assumed)) for colleges/branches that look slightly difficult to get. There is obviously no need for colleges/branches that had cut-off of 2400 and if your score is 2250. 2) Apply for middle 1/3 options (say 11-20th ) for colleges/branches where you could just about get the seat last year or you are expected to get seat this year. 3) Apply for last 1/3 options (say 21-30th ) for colleges/branches where you could very easily get the seat last year or you are expected to get easily this year. Please understand the importance of these last choices just like top/middle choices. There were occasions in previous years where the cut-off suddenly jumped by 40-50 points. Students who had not planned for this eventuality/didn’t apply for lower tier colleges were not allotted any institute because of very few choices given by them on the portal. I strongly suggest to utilize as many choices as possible. CIWG Candidates Choice filling for both CIWG and Normal seats would be very personal affair. This involves the financial background of the person, the amount of love towards money or quality etc etc. However, examples could be given, say for CSE (just example, do not treat it as my personal preference- I really wish all to think about their own background and choose- there are no good templates) Choice 1-9: CIWG CSE: DTU, NITK, NITT, NITW, IIITD, NSIT, NITK-IT, DTU-IT, DTU-SE (hypothetical reasoning: I am a north Indian and say my child has reservations to go to NITC) Choice 10-14: Normal CSE: DTU, NITK, NITT, NITW, IIITD (Suppose I want SVNIT/VNIT/MNNIT-CIWG better than NSIT-normal, So NSIT not included) Choice 15-21: CIWG CSE: VNIT, SVNIT, MNNIT,MNIT, NITD, PEC, IIIT-A Choice 22-29 Normal: NSIT, VNIT, SVNIT, MNNIT,MNIT, NITD, PEC, IIIT-A Choice 30-36: CIWG CSE:NIT-Dgp, NIT-Rk, NIT-H,NIT-Kuru, NIT-Jal, MANIT, NIT-Goa 4th Round Expectations
- DASA do not publish seat matrix of what can be available in the 4th round. Therefore, please do not ask what would be available in the 4th round.
- Generally, top branches (CSE, ECE, Mech, IT) in top 15 colleges are not available. But some exception do happen every year that cannot be predicted.
- Generally, low demand branches (Biotech, Arch, electrical, civil, metallurgy, Prodn) in top 15 colleges could be available.
- Top branches (CSE, ECE, Mech, IT) could be available in lower ranking institutes.
- It can be expected that the cut-off for the 4th round could go higher by 20-30 points only (vs 3rd round) as the result of May SAT2 score would also be considered for this round.
Just to provide a flavor of what could be expected in this round, I am providing what was available in the Spot Round of 2015 (again refer to bullet point no. 1 above, DASA do not publish seat matrix for the 4th round). Spot Round Seat Availability in 2015 3 July 2015 The 4th List of DASA Scheme 2015-16 results are out. As expected, the cut-off for the top colleges and branch hasn't changed much from 1st list to 4th list.
|DASA Scheme 2015: SAT 2 Score (PCM) Cut-off (4th List)|
|NIT- W (Warangal)||2340||2190||2230||2030||2100||1640|
|Note: Above is a List of Top 15 Institutes Under DASA Scheme|
8 June 2015 DASA 2015-16 results are out. Congratulations to all for getting a seat in the prestigious national institutes. CSE has emerged as the top preference under DASA Scheme 2015. IIIT-D has emerged as one of the top 5 college for CSE as noted on this blog. Except for high cut-off for CSE, other branches have seen similar cut-off as of last year. Below table has DASA 2015-16 Cut-off for 1st Round
|NIT- W (Warangal)||2340||2200||2240||2090||2170||1760|
DASA-2015-Cutoff-Round-1.pdf 11 April 2015 IIIT-Hyderabad DASA Announcement For 2015, IIIT -Hyd have split DASA seats by disciplines. Only 20 seats for CSE for 2015 (vs a total of 30 seats in 2014), so expecting cutoff around 2380-2400 for CSE. The fee revised to USD 12k per annum (from $11 K). For ECE, 10 seats allocated for DASA. Expecting ECE cut-off between 2200-2300 9 April 2015 DASA Scheme brochure has been updated as on date and is available at below link. NSIT Delhi has been added as new institute this year. It is a good addition for north Indians interested in CSE/ECE who can now choose this college as the cut-off is expected to be lower than NIT K and DTU, being first time entry under DASA scheme. https://www.dasanit.org/dasa2015/documents/DASA%20UG%202015%20brochure%206apr.pdf 25 November 2014 For the academic year 2015-16, DASA scheme would be administered by Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur. I sincerely hope that DASA scheme is efficiently executed just like NITK, who had really done FANTASTIC job for last 6-7 years and have set very high standards in responding to candidates genuine concerns. Hats off to NITK admin who were pretty active on social media (I happened to receive quite a few email from NITK concerned in-charge in initial years to popularize the scheme and share the details with NRI community). More details to follow. 5 July 2014 Fourth Round of Cut-off for DASA Scheme 2014 – 2015 has been declared today DASA2014_SATCutoff_Round4_Allotment 30 June 2014 Third Round Cut-off for DASA Scheme 2014-15 DASA2014_SAT Cutoff_Round3_Allotment 7 June 2014 DASA Scheme 2014-15 Allotment List- 1st Round has been declared. Congratulations to all who got their dream institutes in the 1st Round. Following are the key takeaways from allotment 1) Phenomenal rise of CSE branch this year. It is first time in DASA Scheme that allotment Cut-off is 2400/2400. 2) DTU emerged the top college in DASA Scheme 2014-15 for CSE as DTU CSE seats finished before NITK-CSE. DTU has huge reputation for good placements as best of the companies visit there (and hire students). 2) Out of first 20 toppers, 8 selected DTU, 7 NITK, 3 NITT and one each for MNNIT and NITW. 3) IIIT-Delhi made a big bang entry into top DASA institute club. The institute has the potential to be the top DASA institute in a few years time.
|DASA Scheme 2014: SAT 2 Score (PCM) Cut-off (1st List)|
|NIT- W (Warangal)||2310||2190||2200||2090||2070||1780|